The LaForce & Family Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The LaForce & Family Community

Our Online Home

2 posters

Missing Money.com

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Missing Money.com Empty Missing Money.com

Post by Admin Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Go here: http://www.missingmoney.com & type in your name.  You may find somebody owes you some money.

I did.  I bought a car.  I had at least a checking account w/ the bank I got the car loan through.  When I paid off the loan I closed down the account.  Shortly after I moved off.  Since I paid the car off early I got some money back.  Since I closed down my account & moved off they couldn't tell me about it.

So now evidently the Gov't has it.  I had to prove my name by sending them a pic of my DL.  I had to prove my social by sending them a pic of my card.  I had to prove I lived @ the address listed on the account.  And since I never got a check I had to prove I once had account w/ them.  Luckily I keep records for a long time so I was able to prove everything.  Now I just have to wait 60-90 days - which is ridiculous.

The same cousin who told me about this site also asked if I'd be getting interest as well.  We should.  Because if they'd been quick about it I would've gotten it before I moved off.  Or I would've gotten it before any change of address expired.  I normally put in a change of address form even when I'm just staying w/ family or friends...as it was in this case.

But I don't believe we do get interest no.  I believe we are charged a fee for the Gov't handling this.
    Joseph Brauchle

Missing Money.com Empty Re: Missing Money.com

Post by Joseph Brauchle Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Hopefully it is legitimate, and not some scam. Granted the government is money hungry, but they shouldn't be charging a fee for doing their job. Then again, that would be normal for them.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:49 am

Verdunois wrote:Hopefully it is legitimate, and not some scam.  Granted the government is money hungry, but they shouldn't be charging a fee for doing their job.  Then again, that would be normal for them.

Heh! You crack me up. Yes if anybody should be paying a fee it's the company who didn't get me my money as quick as they should've. But what can you do?

Speaking of the money hungry Govt...I got a friend who's vehicle was stolen, taken out to a creek & torched. They've already let at least one of the thief's go because he's a snitch. Now the town's trying to charge the victims $700ish because the fire dept. had to put out the fires & haul these vehicles away. My friend refuses to pay but some people did. They should've been getting the money out of the thief's. Evil or Very Mad 
    Joseph Brauchle

Post by Joseph Brauchle Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:30 am

In a just and logical world that would be the case, but these days the victims are made out to be the criminals, and the criminals are made out to be the victims. Just like the debate going on now about whether or not an employer should be held liable (be sued) for an instance where their employee slips on a banana peel or has some other accident while at work. Our country has become a nation of sue-happy people. Even the U.S. government tries to make money by suing citizens. Sad, very sad.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:09 pm

I have yet to receive a dime.

Otherwise this country hasn't been the #1 in the world in a long time. And I don't see it happening again.

As far as suing people - I'd like to know how. Nobody in my family can afford an atty. People just assume there's all this help out there. If I had a dime for every time someone's told me to contact Legal Aid. But you do & they say they don't have the funds to help sue people.

Now I gotta go cuss out the post office. I've lived in my apt almost 2 years now. And I filled out a card stating who lives here & left it in my box when I moved in. Yet I'm always getting stuff for other people - including LeForce cousins who have never lived here. And about a week ago they put my ONG bill in someone else's box. This person opened my mail - which is illegal - & lost the envelope I was supposed to return bill & check in.

Take care cousin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

I did finally get this money. It went quick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm