Our Online Home

Discrepancy with Samuel Paul and Judith LaForce Burton's Marriage

Joseph Brauchle

Discrepancy with Samuel Paul and Judith LaForce Burton's Marriage

Post by Joseph Brauchle on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:30 am

From everything that I have been able to find online so far, Samuel Paul and Judith LaForce Burton's marriage date is shown as January 14, 1784 in Caswell County, North Carolina. The problem is that their son, Robert Paul's birth date is shown as 1756 in either Virginia or North Carolina. There are two major problems with this assumption. Firstly, it is obviously before his parent's marriage. Secondly, it would have occurred while Judith LaForce was still married to Robert Burton, as they were married on October 17, 1757 and Robert Burton died in 1768. Either Robert Paul was born at a later date, comes from a different Paul family, or the data that may be found all over the internet is completely inaccurate. Any assistance or insight into this issue will be greatly appreciated. I would also like to make contact with anyone who descends from the Paul family.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Discrepancy with Samuel Paul and Judith LaForce Burton's Marriage

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:31 pm

This is all in my tree @ http://laforce.tribalpages.com. Judith LaForce didn't have any kids w/ Samuel. She had them all w/ Robert. Samuel's kids came from his 1st wife. Samuel's son Robert Paul m. Judith's daughter Priscilla Burton. Bad enough they were step-sibs but would've been a lot worse had they been half-sibs. Wink

* Post questions about family on appropriate family forum.
    * Post questions about genealogy research on the general discussion forum.
    Thank you, in advance, for your understanding & cooperation.
     flower 

Joseph Brauchle

Post by Joseph Brauchle on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:07 am

As for the LaForces, Burtons, Pauls, Farrars and a few others, the families are so intertwined that it is hard to follow each specific line.  Another major problem I am having is Charles Timothy Paul, who was the son of Robert Paul, I guess, and he was the father of my ggg-grandmother, Georgia Paul.  I can't find hardly anything pertaining to Charles Timothy Paul.  Maybe he went by a different name, was constantly moving during the years that the census was being taken, or who knows why.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:55 pm