The LaForce & Family Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The LaForce & Family Community

Our Online Home

Email Activations

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Email Activations Empty Email Activations

Post by Admin Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Unfortunately with all web sites comes hijackers, scammers & spammers.  We shouldn't have to worry about hijackers or scammers here.  But even though this is a family community with rules that state no spam we'll still have to worry about spammers.

This is the reason for email activations.  When you register here a good email address is required.  After you've registered this software will automatically send you an email w/ a link in it.  You have to click on that link to show you got the email therefore your address is good before you're truly registered.

No, this don't stop spammers from joining.  But it does give me a good email address to report & to ban.

As far as I know spam's not illegal but it is against ISP & various hosts TOS.  So if you see any posted or sent to you via PM please report it.  Then I'll do my best to have their email address, ISP & website shut down. Wink

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:54 am